Saturday, April 28, 2007

Do That Slang Thang

Like a slightly less murderous Lorenzo de Medici, I'm big into the whole patronage thing. The latest Irish blog to act as Michaelangelo to my benevolent despot is Irish Slang Top Ten which is compiling various threads on the colourful colloquialisms of this damp isle.

Of particular interest is the GAA slang section wherein the language-mangling utterances of our national sports can be found. Contribute your own in the comment field.

Ah, I remember the humourous slang-words that would often be directed toward myself in my playing days. "Fat fucker", "useless fucker", "fucker", that sort of thing. Happy, happy days.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you play in goals for RMT against BMR many years ago?Lost 2-1 on the golden goal.

6:34 p.m.  
Blogger Tommy77 said...

I did indeed! We was robbed!

10:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home